- The instructions below apply only to ERA5 test data.
- For the final release of ERA5 data there will be a different procedure
1. Create an ECMWF User account
2. Accept the terms and conditions (licence) for ERA5 test data
ERA5 test dataset is public and free of charge however you need to accept the ERA5 Test terms & Conditions (Licence)
3. Check data availability
4. Create your Web API retrieval script
Example 1: Daily surface instantaneous data (temperature and wind speed)
Example 2: Daily surface accumulated data (total precipitation)
This script retrieves total precipitation, on surface level, over a five day period, from day 1, 06:00 to day 5, 06:00, in NetCDF format.
Example 3: Wave data
This script retrieves the Maximum individual wave height (parameter ID 140218), Mean wave direction (140230) and Model bathymetry (140219), for a single day, at midday, in GRIB format.
Example 4: Wave spectra
- Due to an error in the sea-surface temperature field for 29 February 2016 , the quality of some atmospheric parameters is affected for this date. This will be rectified in the official ERA5 release.
- For issues with the contents of ERA5_test please refer to the ERA5_test data documentation in the first instance.
- If you are having difficulties with your WebAPI script, please check through the WebAPI FAQ pages as well as the Troubleshooting page.
- For further support please direct your enquiry to the ECMWF Copernicus User Support.